Jaspreet Hundal is a managing partner and attorney at Randhawa | Hundal LLP. He graduated “With Distinction” from the University of Pacific, McGeorge School of Law in May of 2015. Jaspreet’s primary practice areas include Tax Law, Business Law, Family Law, Bankruptcy, and Estate Planning.
Prior to obtaining his legal education, Jaspreet attended the University of California, Davis. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Political Science in 2012, and specialized in Elections and Voting Behavior, American Politics, and the Supreme Court. In August of 2010, Jaspreet was invited by the Political Science Department to write an Honors Thesis. He humbly accepted this opportunity and collected extensive data on Supreme Court Decision Making.
At UC Davis, Jaspreet participated in numerous studies to understand the underrepresentation of women and minorities in political office. Under the direction of various esteemed professor’s, Jaspreet and his peers spent months collecting and analyzing data to understand the representation of women in politics.
ACHIEVEMENTS, MEMBERSHIPS & HONORS
While attending UC Davis, Jaspreet’s hard work and dedication paved the way for numerous awards and achievements:
- Magna Cum Laude (High Honors)
- Graduated in the top 10% of the Political Science Department
- Deans’ Honors List during his entire career at Davis
- Recipient of the Honorable R.E. and Hilda M. Sparling Academic Scholarship, 2010-2011; 2009-2010
- Recipient of the Honorable Nedjelko Dinko Suljak Academic Scholarship, June 2010
- Inducted to the National Political Science Honor Society, May 2010
- Inducted to Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, for achieving a rank in the top 10% of UC Davis
- Inducted in Golden Key International Honor Society for achieving rank in the top 16% of UC Davis
Jaspreet was also honored to receive several awards and achievements while attending law school:
- Member of The Honorable Chief Justice Traynor Honor Society for Academic Scholarship – 2015
- Witkin Award – Taxation of Real Estate – 2015
- Witkin Award – U.S. Taxation of International Transactions –2015
- Deans’ Honors List – 2013; 2014; 2015
- Certified Mediator – 2015
- Witkin Award – Taxation of Corporations & Shareholders – 2014
- Top Ten Oral Appellate Advocate – 2014
- Deans Academic Scholarship – 2013; 2014; 2015
While at McGeorge, Jaspreet participated in the Landlord-Tenant Housing Mediation Clinic and successfully mediated several landlord-tenant dispute. Outside the halls of McGeorge, Jaspreet spent three years interning at various law firms. He spent considerable time in the field of Business and Tax Law, and received extensive exposure to Family Law and Estate Planning. After graduating, he spent one year as a law clerk, where he continued to hone his legal skills.
Jaspreet has assisted local businesses in various legal matters such as shareholder buy/sell agreements, sale of corporate interests, drafting and executing promissory notes, corporate liquidations, partnership and corporate formation, offers in compromise, and a host of other Business and Tax Law issues.
Jaspreet is the youngest of two elder brothers, and was born in Yuba City, California. His parents immigrated from Punjab, India in 1977 in an effort to forge a better lifestyle for themselves and their future children. His parents epitomized the American Dream, and instilled within each of their children the values of community service, hard work, and dedication.
Jaspreet spent much of his early childhood in Yuba City, where he enjoyed spending time with his paternal grandparents, Lachhman and Gurmel Hundal. Jaspreet’s grandfather, Lachhman Hundal, was a predominant and influential member in the Yuba City community. His grandfather helped countless immigrants adjust to the American lifestyle by reviewing government correspondence, assisting in housing placement, and helping with basic paperwork.
Jaspreet married his wife, Jaspreet (yes, they have the same first name), while in law school. He says, “I will forever be indebted to her for her steadfastly standing by my side throughout law school. She always ensured that I had a comfortable environment during my long hours of study.” Jaspreet also has a 4-year-old Yorkie, Jackson, who he adores.